Police blotting refers to the public record of incidents reported by law enforcement agencies.
All those arrested or charged with a crime are presumed innocent until proven guilty. Printed information is preliminary and subject to change.
For more details on the cases listed, contact the appropriate law enforcement agency.
Just before 2 p.m. Oregon State Police conducted a traffic stop on a Honda Civic for a lane violation. During the traffic stop, it was determined that the driver was suspended, uninsured, and the driver had an open alcohol container. The driver was not impaired to any noticeable and noticeable degree. The vehicle was towed away by Grumpys as a hazard and was blocking access to a residence
Around 12:03 Oregon State Police assisted the Scapoose Police Department with a DUII accident on the Scapoose-Vernonia Freeway off Hwy 30. Oregon State Police assured the traffic control until power lines are fixed. OSP also provided cover for Scapoose while their agent had to follow the driver to the Portland hospital.
Around 1:20 p.m. The PSO soldiers were informed of a group of vehicles driving recklessly on Highway 30 near KP 36. The associated vehicles were located and stopped by the PSO and the PD of St. Helens in the area. St. Helens and Warren Oregon area. All parties have been interviewed and the investigation is ongoing.
Around 10:35 a.m. Oregon State Police assisted the Scapoose Police Department in a traffic accident that turned into an ongoing fight in the NE 2nd Street and Crown Zellerbach Road area in Scapoose, Oregon . OSP helped by interviewing witnesses to the traffic accident and the physical confrontation that followed. The SPD arrested the suspect for reckless driving, reckless driving, reckless endangerment and disorderly driving 2.
Around 3:26 p.m. PSO soldiers responded to assist Columbia City Police with a drunk driver. The driver showed signs of impairment and was asked for field sobriety tests. The driver subsequently refused to consent to competitive testing and was subsequently arrested for DUII. The driver was taken to Columbia County Jail. A search warrant was obtained and two vials of blood were seized as evidence. The driver was cited and released for DUII. The vehicle was driven off the scene by the driver’s wife.
• A caller reported seeing a man knocking on a car and the woman throwing things out of the car. Neither person was there when the officers arrived.
• A woman was upset that a company was going to fire her. Peace could be restored.
• Officers helped two former roommates who were arguing. Peace was restored.
• A backpack was returned as a found object.
• A helmet and cell phone were stolen from a motorcycle parked on East A Street.
• A fake twenty dollar bill was passed at a local establishment by an unknown person.
• A vehicle was reported stolen in the parking lot at the marina.
• A 39-year-old Rainier resident was arrested under a pending warrant.
• Officers responded to an accident involving a single uninjured vehicle near the fire department.
• Police investigated an attempted ATM theft in the 200 block of Strand Street.
• Police arrested a 33-year-old man near 20th Street for unlawful use of a weapon, physical assault or threatening weapon, residential burglary I, criminal mischief, theft II and criminal intrusion.
• Police took a report of theft of a bicycle in block 700 rue Matzen.
• Police arrested a 54-year-old man in the 2100 block of Gable Road for a warrant.
• Police responded to a call from a missing person in the 1600 block of Old Portland Road.
• Police arrested a 28-year-old man for criminal harassment.
• Police cited and released a 42-year-old woman near Columbia Boulevard on charges of DWS / DWR.
• Police arrested a 57-year-old in the 200 block of Crouse Way for aggravated assault.
• Police responded to a report of theft-other in the 2000 block of Gable Road.
• Police arrested a 28-year-old man in the 500 block of E Street for violating a release agreement.
• Police investigated a burglary near the 300 block of 10th Street.
• Police arrested a 35-year-old on an inmate in the 900 block of Port Avenue.
Police arrested a 24-year-old man on DUII-Drugs and Reckless Driving near Columbia River Highway.
Police arrested a 25-year-old on DUII-Alcohol at Ruby Court 30,000 block.
• Police arrested a 53-year-old man in the 2000 block of Oregon Street on a warrant.
Police responded to the theft of a catalytic converter at Block 900 Oregon Street.
Police responded to a report of a theft in the 52000 block of NE 1st Street. The victim reported that an unknown suspect broke into his vehicle’s toolbox and stole an assortment of tools. This case is suspended for lack of leads.
Police were dispatched to report a damaged vehicle near the intersection of W Lane Rd. And NE Porter Lane. It was reported that one of the vehicle’s tires had been cut in the side wall. This case is suspended for lack of leads.
Police have taken a report of a minor motor vehicle accident in the 33000 block of SW Adam Court. It was reported that the driver struck a parked car and caused minor damage to both vehicles. No injuries have been reported and no citation has been issued.
Police were dispatched to a DUII crash near the Crown Zellerbach Road intersection. and NE 2nd Street. As a result of the investigation, a 52-year-old man from Scappoose was arrested for recklessly endangering another x 3, disorderly driving II, reckless driving and drunk driving. He was transported and incarcerated.
Police responded to a report of theft at Fred Meyer’s home. It was reported that the suspect was in the loss prevention office. As a result of the investigation, a 29-year-old Scappoose resident was cited and released on charges of Theft II.
Police were dispatched to report an intruder in the 51000 block of SW Old Portland Road. It was reported that one subject was sleeping near the property fence. Following the investigation, a 41-year-old homeless man was cited and released for Trespass II.
While trying to stop traffic, a vehicle fled. of the police. After a short chase, the vehicle crashed near the intersection of Siercks Road and Pisgah Home Road. As a result of the investigation, a 40-year-old man from St. Helens was taken into custody on two outstanding felony arrest warrants and additional charges of reckless driving, escaping a police officer and by DWS-Misdemeanor. The man was transported to prison where he was held. His passenger in the vehicle did not report any injuries as a result of the accident and was released at the scene.
Columbia County Sheriff’s Office
Columbia County Sheriff’s Office logs were not immediately available.